Summer Work Permit

If you need a work permit over summer vacation (June 26 - August 3) go to the school district offices at 665 Walnut St.


Work Permit Application

Work Permits

How to Apply for a Work Permit

In order to issue a work permit the student must provide the school with the following:

  • Statement of Intent to Employ Minor and Request for a Work Permit - this form must be completed by the employer, parent and student. 
  • Verification of the student's Social Security number - Social Security Card, copy of Social Security Card, or a copy of a receipt showing that the student has applied for a Social Security Card are all acceptable.
  • Verification of the student's birth date - a copy of the students' birth certificate, driver's license, passport, military or California ID are all acceptable.


Bring the above documents to the office. We will make copies of any original documents and give them back to you. Your work permit will be processed once Ms. Bright has an opportunity to review your documents, grades and attendance. If the permit cannot be issued immediately, you will be notified when it is available for you to pick up. Please be sure we have your phone number.

Work Permit Requirements

Students must meet the following requirements:

  • You must be at least 15 years old to apply
  • You must have an attendance rate of 80%
  • You must have a 2.0 GPA in the most recent grading period

If you do not meet these requirements you must see Ms. Bright. A temporary work permit may be issued with conditions for improvement noted to be eligible for future work permits.


If your fall below the requirements after you have received a permit, your work permit may be revoked.